Sometimes our clients simply need a little help to get them until next payday. When this is the case, we can refer them to a resource in their area to meet that need. Other times, a client has been stuck in a rut for many months or even years, constantly relying on family, friends or churches to pay their bills. This is where Action Plans come in. We pair the client with one of our trained Journey Partners to put their goals and obstacles down on paper, then break their goals down into baby steps, making it easier to both visualize and achieve each small step needed to reach their independence. Here is just one example (first month only) for a client who needs a job but doesn’t have a car:
ACTION PLAN FOR JANE DOE
Created July 1, 2020
Objective: To secure a full time job with reliable transportation.
Obstacles: New to area, does not have a vehicle, currently relying on neighbor for rides.
By July 5, 2020:
1) Obtain bus pass and bus map by going to www.okbus.com
2) Call Aerotek at 405.555.1235 to find job openings along bus route near your home located at 123 S. Pecan Street.
3) Update your Journey Parter by text at 405.555.5432 once done.
By July 7th, 2020
- Secure job interviews.
- Ask your Aerotek Recruiter or Journey Partner for help with resume.
- Find appropriate clothing for job interviews. Ask your Journey Partner for help if you do not have interview attire yet.
By July 9th, 2020
- Attend job interview at ABC Corp. with your Aerotek Recruiter. If you need a ride please let your Journey Partner know in advance.
- Look for used cars for sale near your home under $2000
By July 13th, 2020
- You got a job! Congratulations! Complete paperwork for employer with help from your Aerotek Recruiter.
- Make sure you have required attire for job. Let your JP know if you do not.
- Attend orientation at ABC Corp on July 14th at 2 pm. You will need to take Bus Route C leaving your bus stop at 12:40 pm to arrive in time. Make sure you have your bus pass and your I.D.
By July 15th, 2020
- First day on the new job!
By July 25th, 2020
- Take first paycheck to bank and ask JP for help budgeting for vehicle and paying essential bills.
- Look for used cars for sale in your area for under $2000